Other Companies Broadcom 440x; including 4401 Free Driver Download
Video Tutorial: How to Download & Install a Driver
Supported Operating Systems
Linux, Other Unix
Link to Page
Works for Dell's with integrated Broadcom 440x network card.
I have working with Red Hat 9.0
1. Make sure that you have the Kernal Development packages installed
2. Extract the gzip'd tarball(tar zxvf bcm4400-1.0.1.tar.gz). This will extract all of the files into a subfolder named src
3. Change directory to the src folder (cd src)
4. While in the src folder type 'make' and it will make the source
5. While still in the src folder, type 'make install' and it will install the source.
6. To test, you can then issue the command 'insmod bcm4400.o and it should not give you an error.
7. Reboot the Machine, and Kudzu should detect the new device, and help you configure it.
James Curtis (DG Member) on 12/4/2003
Search All Other Companies Broadcom 440x; including 4401 Drivers
DriverGuide.com - Download Choice
Direct download is available only to our Premium Members. Free members are required to use our DriverGuide installer or consider these Premium options:
DriverGuide.com - Using DriverGuide's Installer
DriverGuide's installer software (Windows only) simplifies the driver installation process. It safely downloads and verifies your driver and then assists in the installation of it.
You may notice that the file size of the installer software is much smaller than the file size of your actual driver. The reason is that first the installer setup file is downloaded, and then the installer software does the work of fetching your driver from our fastest download server.
The installer setup file has been certified safe by leading-class virus and malware scanners.
Sometimes anti-virus software can report false positives. If this happens to you, we encourage you to submit the file you download to VirusTotal (a free, independent service which identifies malicious content) where you will see dozens of other anti-virus scanners report the file is perfectly safe.
The installer setup file may include a purely optional advertising offer which you are free to decline. We only work with trusted advertising partners.
Note: Windows only. Mobile, Mac OS and Linux users can choose other download options by deselecting the installer checkbox below the download button.