The following will give advanced DOS users an idea how they could get Sound Blaster 5.1 Live to work under DOS.
1. Unzip all files somewhere (for example, C \SOUND51).
2. Install EMM386.EXE noems
3. set CTSYN=C \SOUND51
4. Run c \sound51\sbeinit.com
5. Run c \sound51\sbecfg.exe (or maybe it was sbeset.exe?). It will show the port, IRQ, etc.
6. set BLASTER=port, IRQ, etc. as shown above.
7. Run c \sound51\sbego.exe to test the sound.
I don't remember the exact order of the above items. But the card did work. Later I exchanged this PCI card for a real ISA sound card, which works under DOS without any drivers!
Already tried it? Give your review.