Audio (Conexant chipset) Driver for Windows XP 32/64-bit
You might also have to use the Microsoft High Definition UAA Bus Driver Hotfix (703 KB.) [before installing this driver]: http://driveragent.com/files/kb888111xpsp2.exe
1) Download the sp36090.exe driver:
2) Run sp36090.exe
3) The application might say "Driver Installation Failed: Could not find Media..." Ignore this message.
4) Open ControlPanel->System->[Hardware Tab]->DeviceManager
5) Under the 'System Devices' category, verify you have the Microsoft UAA driver. Then look for the unrecognized audio driver, which will be marked with a yellow question and/or exclamation mark.
6) Right-click and choose 'Update Driver', choose 'No, not this time', the