Linux, Other Unix
bcm4400-1.0.1.tar.gz (49.7 KB)
Works for Dell's with integrated Broadcom 440x network card.
I have working with Red Hat 9.0
1. Make sure that you have the Kernal Development packages installed
2. Extract the gzip'd tarball(tar zxvf bcm4400-1.0.1.tar.gz). This will extract all of the files into a subfolder named src
3. Change directory to the src folder (cd src)
4. While in the src folder type 'make' and it will make the source
5. While still in the src folder, type 'make install' and it will install the source.
6. To test, you can then issue the command 'insmod bcm4400.o and it should not give you an error.
7. Reboot the Machine, and Kudzu should detect the new device, and help you configure it.
James Curtis (DG Member) on 2003-12-04 10:00:00