Sb51ldos.zip (2.4 MB)
The following will give advanced DOS users an idea how they could get Sound Blaster 5.1 Live to work under DOS.
1. Unzip all files somewhere (for example, C \SOUND51).
2. Install EMM386.EXE noems
3. set CTSYN=C \SOUND51
4. Run c \sound51\sbeinit.com
5. Run c \sound51\sbecfg.exe (or maybe it was sbeset.exe?). It will show the port, IRQ, etc.
6. set BLASTER=port, IRQ, etc. as shown above.
7. Run c \sound51\sbego.exe to test the sound.
I don't remember the exact order of the above items. But the card did work. Later I exchanged this PCI card for a real ISA sound card, which works under DOS without any drivers!
DOS Guy (DG Member) on 4-Dec-2003
Already tried it? Give your review.
The following files are found inside the driver download file.
|SBECFG.EXE||30.9 KB||24 May 2000|
|SBEMIXER.EXE||60.5 KB||24 Nov 1999|
|SBECORE.BIN||269.7 KB||21 Mar 2000|
|README.TXT||633 bytes||8 Oct 2003|
|DEFAULT.ECW||2.3 MB||25 Feb 1998|
|SBELOAD.EXE||17.0 KB||18 Nov 1999|
|PSBEG.BIN||10.8 KB||8 Apr 1999|
|SBESET.EXE||34.2 KB||4 Nov 1998|
|SBEINIT.COM||5.8 KB||18 Apr 2000|
|CTSYN.INI||182 bytes||7 Oct 2003|
|SBESET.TXT||6.1 KB||17 Sep 1998|
|SBECFG.CFG||839 bytes||23 Jun 1999|
|SBEGO.EXE||201.0 KB||28 Jun 1999|