The following will give advanced DOS users an idea how they could get Sound Blaster 5.1 Live to work under DOS.
1. Unzip all files somewhere (for example, C \SOUND51).
2. Install EMM386.EXE noems
3. set CTSYN=C \SOUND51
4. Run c \sound51\sbeinit.com
5. Run c \sound51\sbecfg.exe (or maybe it was sbeset.exe?). It will show the port, IRQ, etc.
6. set BLASTER=port, IRQ, etc. as shown above.
7. Run c \sound51\sbego.exe to test the sound.
I don't remember the exact order of the above items. But the card did work. Later I exchanged this PCI card for a real ISA sound card, which works under DOS without any drivers!
Already tried it? Give your review.
The following files are found inside the driver download file.
|SBECFG.EXE||30.9 KB||24 May 2000|
|SBEMIXER.EXE||60.5 KB||24 Nov 1999|
|SBECORE.BIN||269.7 KB||21 Mar 2000|
|README.TXT||633 bytes||8 Oct 2003|
|DEFAULT.ECW||2.3 MB||25 Feb 1998|
|SBELOAD.EXE||17.0 KB||18 Nov 1999|
|PSBEG.BIN||10.8 KB||8 Apr 1999|
|SBESET.EXE||34.2 KB||4 Nov 1998|
|SBEINIT.COM||5.8 KB||18 Apr 2000|
|CTSYN.INI||182 bytes||7 Oct 2003|
|SBESET.TXT||6.1 KB||17 Sep 1998|
|SBECFG.CFG||839 bytes||23 Jun 1999|
|SBEGO.EXE||201.0 KB||28 Jun 1999|