NV4_DISP.INF - Windows 2000/XP display driver information file for NVIDIA
NV4_MINI.SYS - NVIDIA miniport driver
NVCPL.DLL - NVIDIA display properties extension
NVCPL.HLP - NVIDIA display properties extension help file
NVIEW.DLL - NVIDIA nView desktop and window manager
NVIEWIMG.DLL - NVIDIA nView image library
NVINSTNT.DLL - NVIDIA installation/uninstallation support file
NVMCTRAY.DLL - NVIDIA media center library
NVOGLNT.DLL - NVIDIA OpenGL driver
NVSHELL.DLL - NVIDIA desktop explorer
NVSVC32.EXE - NVIDIA Windows 2000/XP helper service
NVTUICPL.CPL - NVIDIA nView control panel
NVWCPLEN.HLP - NVIDIA nView help file
NWIZ.EXE - NVIDIA nView wizard
README.TXT - The file you're reading
1. These drivers must be installed by a user with Windows 2000/XP Administrator privileges. Please consult your system administrator or Microsoft Windows 2000/XP User's Manual for more information on Administrator privileges.
2. Start Microsoft Windows 2000/XP.
3. From the Start menu, select Settings.
4. Select Control Panel.
5. Select System.
6. Select Device Manager.
7. Under Display adapters, select the name of the NVIDIA adapter you have installed. If you do not see a Display adapters option, or if your NVIDIA adapter is not listed, under Other Devices, select Video Controller (VGA Compatible).
8. Select the Driver tab.
9. Select Update Driver.
10. Select Next.
11. Select Next.
12. Verify that "Specify a location" has a check mark next to it. If it does not, click in the box next to "Specify a location" to place a check mark in the box. Select Next.
13. Enter the path to the NVIDIA drivers in the "Copy manufacturer's files from:" dialog. Select OK.
14. If you get a dialog box that states "A suitable driver for this device is already installed.", click in the box next to "Install one of the other drivers" to place a check mark in the box, then select Next.
Otherwise, select Next, then proceed to step 16.
15. Select the following driver from the list. NVIDIA RIVA TNT is used an example; make sure to select your NVIDIA adapter from the list.
Description Provider Manufacturer Location
----------- -------- ------------ --------
NVIDIA RIVA TNT NVIDIA NVIDIA a:\nv4_disp.inf
16. Select Finish.
17. Select Close.
18. Windows 2000/XP will ask if you wish to restart the computer. Select Yes.
Direct download is available only to our Premium Members. Free members are required to use our DriverGuide installer or consider these Premium options:
DriverGuide.com - Using DriverGuide's Installer
DriverGuide's installer software (Windows only) simplifies the driver installation process. It safely downloads and verifies your driver and then assists in the installation of it.
You may notice that the file size of the installer software is much smaller than the file size of your actual driver. The reason is that first the installer setup file is downloaded, and then the installer software does the work of fetching
your driver from our fastest download server.
The installer setup file has been certified safe by leading-class virus and malware scanners.
Sometimes anti-virus software can report false positives. If this happens to you, we encourage you to submit the file you download to VirusTotal (a free, independent service which identifies malicious content) where you will see dozens of other anti-virus scanners report the file is perfectly safe.
The installer setup file may include a purely optional advertising offer which you are free to decline. We only work with trusted advertising partners.
Note: Windows only. Mobile, Mac OS and Linux users can choose other download options by deselecting the installer checkbox below the download button.